Located in the mid-Atlantic region of the United States, New Jersey is surrounded by New York on the east and north, Pennsylvania to the west, Delaware to the southwest, and the Atlantic Ocean to the south-southeast. New Jersey is a very small state and the climate is humid subtropical climate in the south and central part of the state. In the northwest, you will find the climate humid continental which means much cooler temperature because of the high elevation.
In most cases, irrespective of the weather, with time, windows do get dirty and your view of the vistas is dulled. However, if it’s raining, hot, or even windy, you can’t clean the windows of your home with ease. It may also be dangerous to clean the windows right after a rain if you have a second story. Before you begin cleaning the windows of your home, make sure that you can do it safely.
In order to clean the windows safely, here is a list of tools that you should gather before you begin.
- A bucket – This bucket should be one of the better quality buckets that is sturdy and has a good handle to grip. You don’t want to fill this bucket up to the top with water, instead place about 1/4 of the bucket with soapy water consisting of water and dish soap.
- Squeegee – This is easy to find in most stores. The squeegee you buy should have a metal frame and a rubber blade.
- Sponges/Scrubber – You want to use something that is easy to grip while you are cleaning. You will find yourself in a variety of unstable spaces so you want to make sure that you are able to grip your equipment.
- Rags – You want cloth that is going to be absorbent as well as clean. You will use these rags after the squeegee so you can wipe the windows dry. Place them in a tool belt for easy access. Microfiber cloths will not leave lint and leave it streak free.
- Ladder – You want to make sure your ladder is able to hold up your weight. You will need to also stabilize it so that it won’t fall over.
Tips for Cleaning
Be sure that you use the right safety and protection when cleaning the windows. This includes carrying a cell phone with you at all times in case you fall or get trapped on the roof. You will be able to call for help. If you want to call a professional New Jersey window cleaning service, you will want to find someone to clean your windows that have the experience to do the job right. If your windows are large in size, you will not want to attempt them yourself. Don’t take unnecessary risks when you can hire a professional instead.