This is something which is rather dangerous. While you may have done it alone, cleaning gutters is most certainly something that you should leave to the pros. At Gutters & Windows, we are going to make sure that everything is handled perfectly and that your gutters are as good as new without you having to undergo any kind of danger and risks.
Regular Gutter Cleaning
Now, you should know that leaves can easily overtake a gutter in no time; you need to allow us to schedule a regular cleaning of gutters so that you don’t have to worry about this problem. It is recommended that you handle this at least twice a year so that you can prevent clogging and other issues such as blockage, for instance. This could ruin your overall exterior and it could dramatically deteriorate the foundations of the house.
If the professional can walk on the roof:
- They will use the most contemporary blowing techniques to clean your rooftop as well as your gutters quickly and without making any kind of additional mess.
- They are going to clean your downspouts
- Once both of these are clean, they are going to come on the ground and will make sure that the debris around your home are cleaned as well.
- If there is no suitable area for disposing of the leaves, they are capable of collecting them in a bag and throwing them away conveniently. There is, however, a very small and inconsiderable fee for this.
If a professional can’t walk on the roof:
- They will use a comprehensive ladder in order to gain access for cleaning gutters
- They are going to check and clean all of the down spouts
- They are going to come on the ground and clean up the debris
- The same service about bagging is also offered.
Now, you should know that if the professionals find a clogged downspout, they wouldn’t use water to flush it. The best way to handle this is to take the down spout away and clean it conveniently and reattach it afterwards. The majority of the houses are going to have underground drains if they use water to flush it away this could result in an underground clog that’s going to require a plumber to fix – that’s also expensive.
At Gutters & Windows, the only time when we’d actually flush the clog away is if your gutters are made out of galvanized steel or copper as they are usually painted over and they can’t be easily taken apart. If we do proceed, this could result in certain chips, which is going to make the condition of the appeal worse. We won’t use the blower to remove the dirt from your gutters as this is going to cause a huge mess around your house. We only use powerful leaf blowers to handle the roof top if there are leaves on it so that they don’t get into the gutters. Removing the debris from your roof, however, is an optional service which is thoroughly available as you request it.